Thank you for being part of our story ...
- Hampton High Schooler Collects Thousands of CoatsA Hampton high school senior has made it his mission to provide coats for the homeless each year. This winter, he collected over 1,800. Andrew Sutherland, a member of Gloria Dei Lutheran Church, got an early start in social ministry. His parents and other church members provided sandwiches for the homeless, passing out food to […]
- ‘Tis the Season… A Night’s Welcome Starts November 13th.Now that we’ve felt the first cool mornings of the fall season, we’re reminded that not everyone in our community enjoys the comforts of a warm home. Thankfully, we all have a way to help our brothers and sisters dealing with homelessness–to support HELP’s A Night’s Welcome. Our winter shelter program provides a warm, safe […]
- Help from the 757 Bike MissionBob Johnson got fed up in 2019 and decided to do something about it. Bob is retired and lives in Norfolk. He is accustomed to seeing people on the roadways of his hometown, holding makeshift signs asking for work or money… but in 2019, he decided he was going to find out about the homeless […]
- What Could You Do with $10,000So you’re looking for affordable healthcare that covers at least primary care and maybe even some dental care. You go to the Marketplace and find that you can qualify for a plan that might cost you around $50 a month, but there’s a $10,000 deductible attached to it. “Well,” you think, “$50 a month is […]
- The Average Social Security Check is $1,543The 2021 average for a Social Security benefit in the US is $1,543 a month, according to AARP. And while that can make things tight each month, the good news is that the added cost of dental care doesn’t need to make it even tighter. If your benefit is higher, even twice as high, you […]